Who wasn’t a fan of A-ha back in the 80’s and their iconic, super catchy song (and unforgettable music video) for “Take on Me”?
If you loved the original, you will REALLY enjoy this slower, moody, acoustic unplugged version. It’s very special in its own way and nearly as good as the original.
Download “Take On Me” acoustic version:
If you’re a fan of the song and never heard the unplugged version, you’ve got to hear it. (If you’ve heard it before, it’s hard to resist not listening to it over and over again.)
Music video of the unplugged performance:
And here’s the original, classic music video:
The original version, off the album Hunting High And Low, has had over 500 MILLION VIEWS of its official music video on YouTube!
Sure, some may call the band a one-hit wonder, but thirty-three years after the original release of “Take on Me,” it just goes to show they created a song that is truly timeless.
Songs like “Take on Me” will forever remind me of the good ole days, just like when…
- MTV actually played music videos. Are you a Def Leppard fan? Here’s an in-depth look at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame selection process and a detailed analysis to show why Bon Jovi should NOT have been inducted before Def Leppard.
- Watching TV didn’t cost SO MUCH money every month! Here’s how you can easily cut the cord and eliminate costly cable/satellite TV bills.
- You USED to look forward to watching late-night TV shows like “The Tonight Show.” (Read in-depth post here about how the good ole days of Johnny Carson and Jay Leno are long gone, and why today’s very opinionated late-night hosts will always pale in comparison.)
- There was nowhere near as many TV reboots on the air as there are today. Read post here about how networks have jumped the shark with so many poor reboots and need to give them the boot!
- Savings accounts actually paid interest! (Read post here about how you can EASILY (and safely) still earn substantial interest on your savings starting today.)
By the way, are you able to get the song’s melody out of your mind yet, similar to when you were constantly reminded of it when MTV air the video every couple of hours?
Those were the days.
Take on me…Take me on…I’ll be gone….