Think you’re a quiz whiz when it comes to classic TV opening themes?
I’m not talking about knowing a theme song’s melody — that’s easy! I’m talking about identifying a show based on only reading A PORTION of its opening theme’s lyrics.
A bit more difficult, yes, but something any classic TV expert can overcome!
This Opening Theme Song Lyrics Quiz features 25 questions to challenge your nostalgic mind. (Caution: some questions are much more difficult than others.)
Nevertheless, these are all wonderful shows worthy of any classic TV fan’s library.
If you don’t know the answer to a particular lyric, you can always click on a link to reveal the answer…but you won’t need to do that, right?!
Enjoy and good luck!
Let’s begin with some easy ones…
1. Rockin’ and rollin’ all week long. (Answer)
So far, so good? We’re just getting warmed up…
11. Love is fun. Now two makes one. (Answer)
13. Life goes on, and so do we. (Answer)
Ok, let’s put those nostalgic TV muscles to work…
18. Set your dial for a while! Have a laugh, wear a smile! It’s… (Answer)
19. A comet ride to fantasy to a place where dreams are fast and free. (Answer)
20. Tra la la, la la la la. Tral la la, la la la la. (Hint: They’re “makin’ up a mess of fun!”) (Answer)
These might REALLY challenge you…
25. Where flowers chuckle and birds play tricks. (Answer) (More info)
(If you didn’t grow up in the New York City metropolitan area in the 1970s, you’re allowed a pass for not knowing this one. Just know it was one of the BEST children’s television programs ever!)
How did you do?
0-2 wrong: Nostalgic Ninja!
3-5 wrong: Nostalgic Expert!
5+ wrong: You need to brush up some more on opening theme song lyrics.
Thanks for playing!
I hope you had fun rekindling some classic TV memories, and maybe even discovered something new about some of the themes in the process.
This also might be of interest to you:
- If you’re a fan of must-see TV (when it REALLY was must-see TV), you’ll want to check this out.
- If you miss “The Tonight Show” with Johnny Carson (and Jay Leno), and want to read why today’s late-night hosts will always pale in comparison, you’ll want to read this.
- If you’re fed up with TV reboots of classic shows, read about how they have jumped the shark here.
- If you still love The Three Stooges, you won’t want to miss this.
- If you were a Toys “R” Us kid and have fond memories of their classic commercials — especially during the holidays — you’ll want to revisit them here.
- If you were a fan of A-ha’s song “Take On Me” and haven’t heard their more recent, amazing acoustic version, you can listen to it here.
- If you miss the days when savings accounts actually earned a decent amount of interest, there’s a very simple, safe and easy way to still do that — find out here.