Think you’re a quiz whiz when it comes to classic TV opening themes?
I’m not talking about knowing a theme song’s melody — that’s easy! I’m talking about identifying a show based on only reading A PORTION of its opening theme’s lyrics. A bit more difficult, yes, but something any classic TV expert can overcome!
This Opening Theme Song Lyrics Quiz features 25 questions to challenge your nostalgic mind. (Caution: the questions become more difficult!)
Nevertheless, these are all wonderful shows worthy of any classic TV fan’s library — find a listing of MANY classic TV shows available on DVD, Blu-ray, and digital here!
If you don’t know a particular lyric, you can always click on the “Answer” link…but you won’t need to do that, right?
Enjoy reminiscing and good luck!
TV Theme Songs Quiz: Let’s begin…
1. Rockin’ and rollin’ all week long. (Answer)
2. Let it flow, it floats back to you. (Answer)
3. Everybody pulled his weight. (Answer)
4. Gettin’ our turn at bat. (Answer)
5. Traveled down the road and back again. (Answer)
6. A lovable place that needs your face. (Answer)
7. Got kind of tired packing and unpacking. (Answer)
So far, so good? We’re just getting warmed up…
8. There’s a fresh freckled face in the neighborhood. (Answer)
9. The names have all changed since you hung around. (Answer)
10. You wonder, will there ever be a second time around. (Answer)
11. Love is fun. Now two makes one. (Answer)
12. What is a boy to do. (Answer)
13. Life goes on, and so do we. (Answer)
14. Nothing’s going to stop me now. (Answer)
15. There’s a scout troop short a child. (Answer)
Ok, let’s put those nostalgic TV muscles to work…
16. Then along come two. (Answer)
17. Hangin’ in and jivin’. (Answer)
18. Set your dial for a while! Have a laugh, wear a smile! It’s… (Answer)
19. A comet ride to fantasy to a place where dreams are fast and free. (Answer)
20. Tra la la, la la la la. Tral la la, la la la la. (Hint: They’re “makin’ up a mess of fun!”) (Answer)
21. Sha la la la. (Answer)
These might REALLY challenge you…
22. And life is heaven you see. (Answer)
23. And don’t forget to keep your fingers crossed. (Answer)
24. And I can take or leave it if I please. (Answer)
25. Where flowers chuckle and birds play tricks. (Answer) (More info)
(If you didn’t grow up in the New York City metropolitan area in the 1970s, you’re allowed a pass for not knowing this one. Just know it was one of the BEST children’s television programs ever!)
Classic TV Theme Songs Quiz: How did you do?
0-2 wrong: Nostalgic Ninja!
3-5 wrong: Nostalgic Expert!
5+ wrong: You need to brush up some more on opening theme song lyrics.
Thanks for playing!
I hope you had fun rekindling some classic TV memories, and maybe even discovered something new about some of the themes in the process.
This also might be of interest to you:
- If you’re looking for a listing of MANY classic TV shows available on DVD, Blu-ray, and digital, check out this article!
- If you’re a fan of must-see TV (when it REALLY was must-see TV), you’ll want to check this out.
- If you miss “The Tonight Show” with Johnny Carson (and Jay Leno), and want to read why today’s late-night hosts will always pale in comparison, you’ll want to read this.
- If you still love The Three Stooges, you won’t want to miss this.
- If you were a Toys “R” Us kid and have fond memories of their classic commercials — especially during the holidays — you’ll want to revisit them here.